Updated 23/07/2021 – highlighted in orange.
First of all thank you to everyone who has returned to the club and enjoyed face-to-face gaming again! It’s been amazing to see players rolling dice and enjoying the hobby once more. With the updated COVID rules in place, we can now support group games of up to 4 players, as well as allowing players to rotate round tables in order to play more than one opponent in an evening. You can now choose the number of players for your table when booking. Please re-read the rules below. While we do support group games, many other rules remain in place at the request of the Folk Hall, particularly around mask wearing and distancing.
We hope everyone has come through the last few months in a good place, and if not, we’re here when you’re ready.
With that said, and in order to reopen we created a Risk Assessment and have implemented a set of rules that we need all of our members to follow. Our gaming space is a community space, and as such following our rules doesn’t just keep us safe, but keeps the Folk Hall open for all.
Booking a table
While restrictions are in place we’re no longer taking individual payments for your game, and we will not handle money at the club. On arranging a game please book a table and handle the individual payments of £5 privately. You’ll be able to book using the Club’s online shop. Table bookings will open on a Thursday for the following Wednesday. You can now book a table for larger games of up to four players. Please select the number of players required at the table when buying a table ticket in the Shop.
So, please arrange a game and book your tables… and ensure you read the rules below.
If you find that you’re consistently struggling to book a table please reach out.
York Garrison Covid-19 Rules
These rules are based on the Risk Assessments carried out by the York Garrison committee and by the Folk Hall. They are designed to keep everyone as safe as possible, but be aware that it is impossible to completely remove the risk of infection.
- If you show any symptoms please do not attend on of our meets; follow all UK Government “advice”.
- Games must be booked and contact details of all players provided before the meeting…
- Bookings are taken on a per-table basis. It is £10 minimum for a table, with an additional £5 for each player beyond the initial two. Players should privately manage the splitting of this fee. This is a temporary measure during these times, and ensures that tables are allocated correctly.
- In the event of a cancellation the club will issue refunds up to 48 hours before the meeting. Any cancellation within the 48 hour period leading up to the club opening will not be eligible for a refund.
- One player should book the table for all players. Please ensure your contact details are up to date, this is required in the event of Track and Trace. Please also provide the name and some contact information for your opponent(s) in the “Additional Details” field when checking out.
- Face masks must still be worn at all times in the building.
- Hand sanitiser must be used every time you enter or leave the hall.
- Where possible maintain a 2m distance between players, especially when moving around the building.
- No hand-shaking/high fives/hugging or any other physical contact between players.
- No sharing of game components except terrain/ mats. This includes dice/ measures etc.
- Attempt to step away from the table when it is not your turn or you are not interacting directly with the game (in order to maintain a 2m distance between players). Please be mindful of other tables around you.
- One player to set-up and pack away the table and terrain.
- No food deliveries to the building.
- No food to be eaten in the hall.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid playing Tau.
- #13 remains as one of our most fundamental rules.
We are sure that all players will respect these rules and more importantly each other. In the event of repeated and/or deliberate rule breaking you may be asked to leave. Please don’t be that player.
A copy of our Risk Assessment here. This is a live publish from the master Google Document, and any changes will be reflected automatically.