25/11/2016 at 5:54 PM #17548Anonymous
Also in new White Dwarf GW are releasing an alternate snow covered art pitch25/11/2016 at 8:15 PM #17549Anonymous
What I know is that a very nice person has sold me a set of the limited ed. Skaven dice, and my teams on order
Has anyone read through the books yet? I still don’t get what Death Zone actually is.26/11/2016 at 7:56 AM #17550Anonymous
Death Zone is the league rules and rosters for more teams (dwarves, nurgle, several different elf teams, skaven)26/11/2016 at 9:32 PM #17551Anonymous
So to get slaven statlines Id need the book? Or a copy of one of the pages im guessing?26/11/2016 at 10:06 PM #17552Anonymous
Review of the new rules….
Geggster is comparing the NAF BB Competition Rules Pack with the three new rule sets released by GW
Once you have brought together the Blood Bowl rulebook, Death Zone Season One, Teams of Legend PDF and Errata, you have the following:
From Blood Bowl
• Only what you need to play humans vs orcs in a one-off game
• 4 minute turn limit and Illegal Procedure are moved into optional
• Human Catchers are 60k
• 4 stars: Morg, Griff, Mighty Zug and Varag
• Some skills are shortened due to restricted use in the basic game (then explained fully in DZ)
• Two new Special Play card decks and teams get 1-3 cards (amended in DZ)
• Pitch and range ruler is bigger but understood to be the exact same scale
From Death Zone Season One
• 7 additional rosters: Skaven, Dwarf, Nurgle, Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf and Elf Union (Elf/Pro Elf)
• 6 more old stars: Hakflem, Grim, Roxanna, Jordell, Eldril and Prince Moranion
• New Star for Nurgle only – Guffle Pusmaw 5,3,4,9, 210k (not 110k, see errata), Loner, FA, Monstrous Mouth (cannot be stripped and gets the catch skill), Nurgle’s Rot
• Nurgle Warriors and Beast of Nurgle are now Bloaters and Rotspawn, respectively
• Bloodweiser Babes are renamed Bloodweiser Kegs
• MVP is randomly assigned to one of three selected players
• On sending off (a Foul or Secret Weapon), the Head Coach can Argue the Call. On a 1, Head Coach also sent off & -1 to Brilliant Coaching thereafter. On a 6, player is only sent to Reserves. Turnover still applies (Q&A)
• Piling On moved to optional and needs Team Reroll to use
• Piling On, Claw, Grab & Wood Elf Treemen have other changes (although see errata)
• Gutter Runners have Weeping Dagger. If they cause a Badly Hurt during a block, player is MNG on 4+
• Some skills/inducements missing but added in Teams of Legend. Fan Favourite and Stakes not in game
• No wizards
• Spiralling Expenses now optional
• Amended rules about drawing & discarding special play cards. Extra cards cost 100k
• Extra league rules on Expensive Mistakes (discouraging large sums of cash), the Off-Season and Re-Drafting for future seasons. Full rules on pages 25-27
• It’s 2493-2494 season (aside from small temporal anomalies)
From Teams of Legend PDF
• Remaining 12 CRP teams covered PLUS Underworld Denizens (Underworld) and Chaos Renegades (Chaos Pact). Document includes some name changes to positional and races
• Animosity, Ball & Chain, Chainsaw, Bombardier, Bloodlust, Titchy, Raise the Dead, Goblin bribes and Halfling Chef all covered
• Treemen on a Halfling roster have Timmm-ber skill and can receive assists to stand up. +1 for each assist from those not in a tackle zone. A 1 is still a failure
• Piling On needs a Team Reroll. Otherwise unchanged. Claw and Grab skills returned to CRP versions.
• Timmm-ber removed from Wood Elf treemen (only Halfling Treemen have it)
• Confirms Weather roll before inducements and then coin toss (as per CRP)
• Guffle’s cost, Hakflem’s stats and Roxanna’s leap confirmed. Roxanna confirmed as available for Amazons
So Overall Differences from CRP
• 23 teams and 10 CRP stars + Guffle. Human catchers now 60k, Halfling treemen have Timmm-ber, Gutter Runners have Weeping Dagger, Argue the Call, Piling On requires a TRR, No Wizards
• Special Play cards, MVP random from 3 players, Expensive Mistakes, Offseason & Redrafting
link to purchase rulebook
link to Teams of Legend PDF
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/blood_bowl/teams_of_legend_en.pdf26/11/2016 at 10:56 PM #17553Anonymousjswiers wrote:So to get slaven statlines Id need the book? Or a copy of one of the pages im guessing?
Just use the stats in the CRP, which other than Weeping Blades, are identical.28/11/2016 at 9:51 PM #17555Anonymous
I have ordered the BLOOD BOWL DEATH ZONE SEASON ONE 1 RULES
from ebay 14:95 including postage. It should arrive on Wednesday so I will bring it along to the club if it arrives on time.
GW has released the starter set of rules in the BB box set, Death Zone and Teams of Legend (has a few team orientated skills). Not sure if there is one complete rule set.
Like Enginseer has said, the CPR is free to download from http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/CRP1.pdf which contains everything to play a game and just include the new modifications in previous posts
For the league competition I will confirm the rules in one doco – It will have to be the GW version.01/12/2016 at 10:01 PM #17560Anonymous
A bit more info on the rules
The NAF have world wide tournaments and have created the CRP rules for everyone to use. GW have made modifications to many parts of the teams and rules. The NAF position is “we will make a decision on each variation from CRP after 3 months of it being published…due to the period of uncertainty that will come from the staggered release of races which is anticipated”
They recommend the Tournament Organiser specifies the rules that can be used until everything is clarified.
I will look at putting together a rules pack with everything it in, nothing worse than multiple pieces of rules.
The Death Zone 1 rule book only has info on teams -Skaven, Nurgle, Dwarf, Elven union (Elf), High Elf, Dark Elf and Wood Elf. Stats of Human, Orc Teams. Lists 11 star players.
Terry03/12/2016 at 8:24 PM #17565Anonymous
So. I’ve built and magnetised my skaven. The important question now comes up:
Red or Teal?01/01/2017 at 9:35 AM #17919
Now that Christmas is out of the way a New Year begins….
I have been working on documents which I will upload to play Blood Bowl with the new BB2016 rules when I workout how
Start with BB Rules Update.pdf when I upload it
I have created a OBBLM website to manage a League and your teams. The League is called YOBBS which stands for York Online Blood Bowl Shambles. I am still working on the site and will keep you updated.
If you are interested in playing Blood Bowl and can play a game once per month then let me know. There will be multiple Divisions or Pools to keep the number of games low, a Division may contain 4 to 8 teams. I also want to expand the League other players outside of YG to give us more Divisions for Semi Finals etc. (perhaps more prize sponsorship)
In the meantime I am available from the 19th of Jan to provide learning games or Ref for two people. I have a few teams (Goblins, Necro, Wood Elf or Elf, Undead. Orc, Chaos Dwarf, Lizards, Skaven, Vampires and Dark Elf if you want to play against the same team.03/01/2017 at 9:24 PM #20183
checking recent posts are now working04/01/2017 at 2:59 PM #20898Inquisitor HollowayParticipant
I’m in for BB Terry.
05/01/2017 at 8:05 AM #21374
- This reply was modified 3 years ago by Inquisitor Holloway.
that’s great Chris – four people so far
Going to give Andy Richardson a refresher game on the 18th if all goes to plan which I hope sparks some more interest.
Can’t save files on the site now, will look at other forums
developing OBBLM to manage the teams. http://yobbs.obblm.com/handler.php?type=leaguetables
my Team is Vixens in Leathers (Dark Elf)05/01/2017 at 8:58 AM #21376Nathan CheneryParticipant
I’m in. New to the game so need to sort a team. When where you thinking of starting?
Also might be worth starting a new post with Bloodbowl league 2017 as people might miss this one. Plus see if you can get the club to stick a Bloodbowl section in rather than use other games. Might help numbers.
Nathan05/01/2017 at 4:44 PM #21377Peter SidawayKeymaster
I’m up for defending my crown.
I’ve not got the new BB game, is that an issue? I don’t know how well my old teams translate over? Might use skaven this time.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.