Blood Bowl Season 2

This topic contains 40 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Terry 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
     Terry 
    Participant

We have to start talking about Season Two as Season One comes to a close.

A brief intro for new coaches as to where Blood Bowl is at with the recent releases by Games Workshop.

BB started out in 1986 and with many editions of the rules, the final version was in 2009 and is called the Competition Rules Pack (CRP). It is our starting base for the rules and can download here https://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/?format=pdf

GW has released BB again in 2016 and is staggering any new rules/teams with books called Death Zone 1 ad 2 so far.

I will provide a list of what rules are in or out so the new and veteran coaches have one source of rules for the current season.  I am mainly following The NAF (an international association for tournaments and rankings) https://www.thenaf.net/ if you also wish to play in these tournaments.

I will review Death Zone 2 and provide the final rules and theme.

All teams are available to use  in Season 2 and with some minor modifications since the CRP.

Let me know if you are interested in playing and the main requirement is to play at least one game a month.

See you on the pitch

Inquisitor Holloway 
      Participant

I’m in.

-Chris

Terry 
        Participant
           Tom 
          Participant

Hi I’m really interested in joining season 2. Is this league held going to held on Wednesday club nights or is there a chance I could play my of Saturdays? I used to come up to the club but I bowl on Wednesday night at the exact same time the club runs.

Terry 
            Participant

Hi Tom,

Most players attend Wednesdays at the club, I am flexible and not sure about the others.

BB is a game where two coaches can meet any place with a small table – the closer to liquid refreshments the better.  Travelling Man in York also meets Wednesdays which is unfortunate.

Anyone know of other places to play BB – Pub Function Rooms, OG Games?

Terry 
              Participant
                 Tom 
                Participant

Hi Terry thanks for getting back to me.

Ive played in a couple of leagues in Harrogate a few years ago, and from what I’ve heard the new rules haven’t changed a whole lot.

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Terry 
                  Participant

The core rules have not really changed much so you are good to go.

GW are putting their stamp back on the game (probably for copy right reasons – new figures etc), a good thing as they have accepted the  Skills and most Teams so far.  Optional rules are way different, perhaps another season.

One minor change which is good in the long run is the MVP.

You nominate 3 candidates, throw D3 and one of them will get the MVP.  Allows you to target the players you want to get a skill.The flip side is the Big Guys or low AG players will skill up quicker.  I would say a little swing left towards the bashy teams, fun times ahead.

Terry 
                    Participant

Team Lists for Season 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x92z5tuskoyrcbw/Blood%20Bowl%20Teams%20Season%202.pdf?dl=0

Includes DZ2 mods

Any typos let me know

Cheers

Terry

Terry 
                      Participant

The Theme for Season 2 Rookies

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8llfkn057q4qkbn/YOBBS%20Tournament%20Theme%20-%20Chaotic%20Cup%20S2.pdf?dl=0

Playing for the Chaotic Cup for season 2

Any feedback welcome

Inquisitor Holloway 
                        Participant

Sounds good Terry.  Are we carrying over teams from the current league, or starting afresh?

Terry 
                          Participant

Fresh rookie teams for this season. Once we have a few teams in the YOBBS website we can have a knock out competition or any other tournament format.

Inquisitor Holloway 
                            Participant

My team is on the YOBBLM.  The Skull Rock Scuttlers.

Sam Wood 
                              Participant

I’ve not played Blood Bowl since the early 90’s however the chance to grind Mr Holloway in to the Astro Granite is too tempting to pass up so I’m in.

I’m getting a reintroduction game over the holidays from Nathan so will hopefully be back up to speed soon. When do the starting rosters need to be submitted by?

Sam

Inquisitor Holloway 
                                Participant

Brave words.  I look forward to repeatedly fouling your star players….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2020 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account