Club Facebook Group

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Mayhew 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
     Graham Dixon 
    Participant

If you use Facebook at all and aren’t already aware that the club now has a Facebook Group as well as a Facebook Page then please take a look at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/150717608854189

The basic difference between a group and a page is that a group is easier for everyone to contribute to, which means it’s ideal for things like club news, organising games, selling things, etc.

We have no plans to shut down the forum at the moment but obviously it gets far less activity on it than it used to so things like Facebook and Whatsapp are great ways to keep up to date with things.

Baz 
      Participant

Is there any way to make the page accessible to anyone without a Facebook account?
        Currently it requires a Facebook account to even view it.

Graham Dixon 
        Participant

Hi Barry, yes there is but it would mean changing the privacy settings. Personally its not something I would be in favour of but I will certainly mention it at the next committee meeting and see what the majority opinion is

Graham Dixon 
          Participant

Hi Barry, I meant to mention this to you recently but completely forgot, we did discuss this request at the most recent meeting and it was decided to leave the group as Private. This forum will remain here as well, but as we’ve all seen there isnt really a great deal of activity on it these days. (Time to give in to the dark side and sign up to Facebook 😉 )

Lee Mayhew 
            Keymaster

Barry, join up to Facebook now and then get lots of new friends in the Philippines Fire Department.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2018 York Garrison

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account