Guild Ball – Who plays and with what

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

As far as i know that’s right union players are can play for anyone.

Anonymous

Some Union players can play for certain other guilds, as indicated by the symbols on their packaging/art (see attached pic for an example)

Anonymous

Cheers chap.

I spotted those icons shortly after posting, just wondering how it works with the Hunters (as those associations predate them) and whether the Season II book has updated rules for it?

Anonymous

The ones who are intended to play for the Hunters were listed on their player cards before the Hunters were released., I think its Avarisse & Greede, Hemlock and Minx

The Union Player’s Cards

Anonymous

Union is a bit of a funny onion when it comes to who can play for who but basically….

1) Union Captains and mascots are only eligible to play in a ‘pure’ union team only

2) Each non captain/mascot Union Player is able to play for the union team (obviously) and certain other teams. The specific team any given player can be used for are stated on there card under character traits. For example, Fangtooth has the following trait.

Selective [Brewers, Fishermen, Morticians]

This means he can play for these teams outside of the union team.

3) the only exception to this is the player Avarisse and greed who is the one player that will play for any team.

Hope that clears it up.

On a related note http://www.steamforged.com is the ofgfical guildball website and has player resources including cards for all the teams, paper dolls and a few plare aids (scatter templates tokens etc.) It’s a great way to try things out before you commit to buying.

Heres the link to the union team player cards incase you want to check out who’s eligible for your team.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/56728f72a128e6b1e548ec55/t/571f4adf01dbae7f62f19b4b/1461668586649/Cards-Union-Apr2016.pdf

hope that clears things up

Anonymous

Nice one, thanks chaps, I can see how that all fits together.

Luckily Hemlocke and Minx were the models I was being drawn to.

Anonymous

Think I might end up using Hemlocke tonight in my Brewers team, cant quite decide though

Anonymous

Seen as I didnt get a game in this week Ive been working on making some terrain for the club instead. Ive still got some more pieces to do, hopefully by next week though we will have enough suitable terrain for about 4 pitches

terrain1.jpeg

terrain2.jpeg

terrain3.jpeg

terrain4.jpeg

Anonymous

Nice one, looking good. The little billboards are a nice touch.

Time permitting I was going to make a couple of Forests… because my Hunters love Forests.

Anonymous

Thanks Dan. Ive made a forest base as well and taken a silicone mold of it but then i ran out of resin so waiting for some more to arrive. Ive also taken a few of the spare trees out of the terrain cupboard as well

Anonymous

Really like the terrain Gray, especially the billboards.

In other news as I’ve got no more excusses for not using painted minis I’m going 100% play it painted from now on so please help me stay honest! I’ll post WIPs here when I have some.

Anonymous
                            Secondbreky wrote:
                            Really like the terrain Gray, especially the billboards.

In other news as I’ve got no more excusses for not using painted minis I’m going 100% play it painted from now on so please help me stay honest! I’ll post WIPs here when I have some.

Are you counting black undercoat as “painted”?

Anonymous

lol. sadly not.

Anonymous

Oh dear, you may have a bit of work to do then :)

Anonymous

Terrain looks great, will have to do some digging in the toy boxes in the garage to get some together for y teams.

Played second game last week, you can now add Morticians to the list for me (latest e-bay purchase). Very happy with the team and I quite liked the synergies albeit yet to get to finish a game yet but two down many more to go…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2020 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account