King in the North

This topic contains 72 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gareth 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

Just thinking about future tournaments with the release of KoW historical – do you think that this will be something the community will embrace or will it just stick to the main two books? I know this is a little off topic, but I thought it might be relevant for future events.

Anonymous
        Grimlock wrote:
        Just thinking about future tournaments with the release of KoW historical – do you think that this will be something the community will embrace or will it just stick to the main two books? I know this is a little off topic, but I thought it might be relevant for future events.

The typical obtuse answer of “yes and no” is in store. For the large, ranked tournaments KoW historical armies will not be valid as the systems are not balanced with each other, however they are still compatible meaning that there is some enthusiasm for match ups such as Romans Vs Orcs or Vikings Vs Undead. If I do a tournament after the King in the North I will consider making it a relaxed one and allow historical armies to compete!

Anonymous

Well that’s another £10 spent on a wooden spoon.

Anonymous

Perhaps we could arrange to meet each other in the first round as last time, fight each other to a stand still and then play tanks in the afternoon whilst everyone else toughs it for accolades we can only dream of? ;)

Anonymous

Well looking at the uk rankings I find myself ahead of some bloke called Alessio :)
              These may be old though. [attachment=673]whataplayer.jpg[/attachment]

Let’s hope it’s not a relegation fight in round 1.

Anonymous

Actually, since it’s based on the best 4 tournaments you play, right at the moment we can all merrily shoot up the rankings with no fear of losing points :).

Anonymous

Don’t be so sure, I’m pretty certain I’ll find a way.

In the meantime I’d best have a look under the camo netting and empty jerry cans and see if I can find those square based thingies and see which ones need gluing back together.

Anonymous

I’ll be interested, should have an elven force ready, if not then the Twilight Kin will show they are worthy of the title.

Anonymous
                      Mitchell wrote:
                      I’ll be interested, should have an elven force ready, if not then the Twilight Kin will show they are worthy of the title.

Excellent. Ive added you to the list but make sure you buy your ticket to guarantee your place as we have sold most of the tickets already! You can get them here;
                      http://www.yorkgarrison.co.uk/index.php/ygshop/product/view/1/21

PS. You should enter more events and see if you can get up the UK rankings!

Anonymous
                        Rune of Beards wrote:

Anyone else wondering why this wasn’t said to people like me….?!

Anonymous
                          Rune of Beards wrote:
                          Mitchell wrote:

Excellent. Ive added you to the list but make sure you buy your ticket to guarantee your place as we have sold most of the tickets already! You can get them here;
                          http://www.yorkgarrison.co.uk/index.php/ygshop/product/view/1/21

The one in January is my next opportunity to do just that :)

Anonymous

Paid

Anonymous

I think Carl is implying that you and I are the unfit kids in the school yard when we are picked last, probably after the jumpers are chosen for goalposts

Anonymous
                                Lord_of_Khemri wrote:
                                I think Carl is implying that you and I are the unfit kids in the school yard when we are picked last, probably after the jumpers are chosen for goalposts

Now I feel mean :-(

Anonymous

If it helps your conscience just a 20 point start will do :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2020 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account