KoW Summer Campaign – Edge of the Abyss

Welcome to the Garrison! Forums Games & Hobby Discussions Kings of War KoW Summer Campaign – Edge of the Abyss

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Ford David Ford 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Ford
    David Ford
    Participant

Hi,

From 21st August (next Monday) unto 30th September is the Kings of War: Edge of the Abyss summer campaign.

Whether you’re a Kings of War fanatic, or occasionally like to play this fantasy wargame, this a great opportunity to play some light-hearted Kings of War games, and help determine Mantica’s future.

In six key locations in Mantica, the battles between the forces of good and evil will take place, and their outcome will literally write the future history of Mantica.

The beauty of this campaign is that you can take part with as little effort as playing one battle. The only main requirement is that a Good army fights an Evil army.

I will upload the results of our club’s battles to beastsofwar.com, to join the results of the many other thousands of games played around the world as part of the summer campaign.

A record of all battles fought by Garrison members, as well as more detailed information and updates can be found at my blog:
      http://pagenhofmeister.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/the-edge-of-abyss.html

As always I’m happy to advise, help, or coordinate as needed. Of course I will be taking part myself every Wednesday, and I hope to see many of you on the battlefields of Mantica.

Dave

Profile photo of Carl
      Carl Newbould
      Participant

Shall we declare our armies? If so we get a better idea of the good v evil balance (or inbalance).

I am declaring good: BASILEANS

Carl

David Ford
      Participant

Dave: Orcs (EVIL), but at a pinch Undead (EVIL) or Undead (GOOD)

Also Seb and me are playing tonight, Kingdoms of Men (GOOD) vs Undead (EVIL)

Profile photo of James Carpenter
        James Carpenter
        Participant

Jarvis, Jarvis, Jarvis (that’s undead (GOOD)

I guess possibly some Nature (GOOD), possible to turn the undead to the dark side of course.

Profile photo of Adam Beaumont
          Adam Beaumont
          Participant

I guess this doesn’t really need declaring as I only have the one army but – Orcs, Orcs, Orcs! (Evil)

Profile photo of N Carpenter
            Nicholas Carpenter
            Participant

Arkatl-Adorable good.

David Ford
              Participant

Hi again,

So far we have three Kings of War summer campaign battles planned for next week.

James M. vs Dave F.

Dave H. vs Issac

Alan vs Carl

I’d love there to be more, so if you’re interested please post on the forum early to organise a pick-up game.

The launch of the summer campaign didn’t go as smoothly as planned, with the beasts of wars site not being ready.  This, a link to a fan created results page, and the results of our first two battles can be found on my blog.

Mantic are now asking for three pictures of each battle, so next week I’ll be visiting each table, snapping a few pics. I’ll also needs scores depending on the scenario in victory points or kill points.

Thanks all for now, cheers

Dave F.

Profile photo of James Carpenter
                James Carpenter
                Participant

Myself and Nicholas are around if there’s any other evil armies looking for a game.  Otherwise Jarvis may have to sit out this first bout.

David Ford
                  Participant

https://manticgames.wixsite.com/edgeoftheabyss

It would be remiss of me not to mention again the excellent site that is reporting the day by day results of the The Edge of the Abyss campaign.

The site includes a wealth of statistical information on how the war is faring in the six key locations and overall. I recommend you navigate around the site to see for yourself. As an example it includes obscure information such as how much work the Varangur and Jarvis’s noble Undead are doing to aid the forces of Good.

Profile photo of seb
                    Sebastian Bales
                    Participant

I will give you Carpenters a game this week if you’re still looking? My Abyssal Dwarves will happily wheel out to crack some heads, I’ll play one, or both of you. Could even play you both at once if you like and I’ll take 3k against two 1.5k forces? Don’t mind how you wanna do it! 🙂

Seb.

Nicholas Carpenter
                      Participant

I’ll play you with my Salamanders then Seb, I can see whether Arkatl has the abilities to back up her pretty model.

Profile photo of seb
                        Sebastian Bales
                        Participant

Right you are Nicholas, you fancy playing something a bit bigger? Say 2,500? No worries if not, just looking at all my evil little fellows and I don’t want to leave to many behind, not sure they can face the disappointment!

Nicholas Carpenter
                          Participant

Aye, I can do 2500. Time to add in the rest of my collection of salamander models…

David Ford
                            Participant

Great stuff guys. Reports updated on the blog.

On Wednesday a few asked me how the battle was going for Mantica. I replied that the situation was highly fluid, changing every day. However my information was a little out of date. Apologises.

A more careful look at the temporary portal revealed the following:

Overall the the Forces of Good are winning.

1. Edges of the Abyss – this is by far the most heavily fought upon area, with much blood shed by both sides, and despite some temporary evil conquests, the area is heavily disputed.

2. Rhyn Dufaris – in the beginning of the campaign it looked like the dwarf kingdoms would be easily overrun, but there has been a noble and sustained counter-offensive that so far has driven the Abyssal Dwarves all the way back to Tragar.

3. Hokh-Man – early battles were indecisive, but by this second week the forces of Good seem to have crushed the Empire of Dust and their wicked allies.

4. Twilight Glades – constant Evil victories mean this area is now controlled by the Necromancers, who no doubt are preparing to ‘Open the Ways’ to unleash the Night-stalkers into Mantica.

5. Ardovikian Plain – no clear victors in the first week, but now the Ogres are again kings of the plains. The human Successor Kingdoms continue to build their Great Wall.

6. Forest of Galahir – in the first week the Green Lady’s defenders stoutly protected her domain, but now the Goblins and other malcontents have infiltrated the ancient wood.

Dave

p.s. The official beasts of war portal for KoW should be up and running on Monday (fingers crossed).

David Ford
                              Participant

Quick Update.

The official Beasts of War console is now up and running (at last!) for the summer campaign.

https://edgeoftheabyss.warconsole.com/

I’ve just added the details of the four battles played last week at the Garrison. I didn’t do this last week as they shut down the temporary site earlier than expected for the transition to the official site above.

Dave F.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.