Looking to start playing Malifaux.

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

I think the carrion effigy is one of the weaker options for collodi. Look to get the Brutal, Hodgepodge and Arcane first imo.

Coryphee are great (I play a lot of Colette atm), but be aware they can’t form a duet in NB, so are very fragile.

NB have some great minions that Collodi can really get the best out of, he doesn’t just use puppets all the time. Although that is his theme.
      Have a look at Illuminated. They are the same cost as Coryphee, but a stronger choice imo.

Anonymous

Do you know if i can find stitched together plastic models?

Anonymous

I think they come out in April.

Anonymous

Hi guys. Question.

Collodi’s bag of props can yake his minnions focus to buff himself.
            So in order collodi to do so must go after his minnions or the focused condition carried on from previous turn? Actually i may be super wrong. So if someones know how it works pls tell me.

Anonymous

Unless otherwise stated, all conditions end at the end of a turn (that includes focus, see the section in the rulebook about conditions). So Collodi needs a model with focus near him in order to benefit from Bag of Props.

That model doesn’t have to have already been, Collodi (or Vasilisa) could have made is take the Focus action using My Will or Obey, but usually it is a model that has already activated either as separate activation or as a Chain Activation (a Wicked Doll using Accomplice).

Note that Defensive as a Condition (which Collodi can also use with Bag of Props) DOESN’T end at the end of the turn, it carries over to the start of the models next activation.

Anonymous

Hey Crish. Although i bought a box of malifaux i started painting some stuff so i wait for some fancy bases. They will not be ready until Wednesday. Can i botrow some of your stuff for the demo? If you dont mind i would like to use some of your neverborn stuff. Preferably zoraida or collodi. Thanks man.

Anonymous

Sure, I will bring my Zoraida crew with me.

Zoraida, Bad Juju, 3 silurids and gupps will come to 35 stones with a cache of 6.

Anonymous

Hi guys. I have collected a few models for collodi. I have painted most of them and i will be ready to start playing with painted models!!!!

My question is since i have collodi now, which should be my next master? I mean that i figured out somehow that collodi ans pandora have similar gameplay so if i have colodi i can play him in some missions. Which characters offer something different to the faction? (I just assumed that pandora is similar, so if i am wrong correct me please). The thing is that i love painting the models and i want to invest at the “correct” next master.

Jacob Lynch and dreamer seem to me more appealing but just from the looks and the few things i ve read. I like pandora and lilith as well (great birds!!!! XD). Please give me an advice based on the gameplay to cover different scenarios and missions/countering masters and so on.

Thanks in advance Martin/Chris,

Dmitry

Anonymous

I’d probably start by getting some games in with Collodi and seeing where you want to expand him. That may naturally lead you to other sets anyway. Illuminated are excellent with Collodi so that points towards Lynch as an example.

Anonymous

Thanks. Btw i have now collodi vadilisa marionettes and wicked dolls. I bought carrion effigy. All these painted. I wait next week to have and paint coryphee , brutal and arcane effigy. I read that next week i will be able to buy stitched together. Since i have them i will paint then all. It is more or less one afternoon each model. Do you think i will have a nice pool to play with these models so i can start playing in a weekly base?

Anonymous

Yes, you will be fine with those to start getting one games in.

Anonymous

Hey chrish sorry for drowning you in questions but my friends dont play the game and you are the only one (plus pull my finger wilia) who i can ask stuff. My girlfriend wants to buy me as a present lilith box. So if i have lilith except the box models what else should i have in general? As i understood she has a playstyle supported by her models. So i was thinking that the mature nephelim ans young nephelims should be a must. What else in general will she use?

The reason i ask is that i paint my models before i play them. So i am committed somehow with them. I just enjoy the painting part as much as the playing part.

Anonymous

Its ok. Don’t bother even answering..i told her to buy me instead 2 more effigies for my collection.

I want to collect all tge “puppet” models. After all the effigies i will just buy the mannequins and when they are published the bunraku kit. Dont even know if they are effective or something but i like them for the puppet friends collection. XD.

Anonymous
                                Dimitrios wrote:
                                Its ok. Don’t bother even answering..i told her to buy me instead 2 more effigies for my collection.

I want to collect all tge “puppet” models. After all the effigies i will just buy the mannequins and when they are published the bunraku kit. Dont even know if they are effective or something but i like them for the puppet friends collection. XD.

I think that’s the right attitude to have; just go with “that looks cool to paint and fits what I already have!”

Factions are small enough to collect in their entirety it seems. I’ve really enjoyed painting up Von Schill’s crew box. Next up, Tara… and apparently she’s not that great, but it doesn’t matter.

Anonymous

Dan you should know that i feel very lucky we started malifaux together. Probably i will be ready next week to play a game. What about a newbie game between us? I am also creating a malifaux table at home. It will be ready in a couple of months. You are more than welcome to play at my place, you and everybody else who fancy my company. I am super exited and having a blast out of creation!!!!! (GeeDubz sux xD)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2019 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account