Marvel Universe Miniatures Game

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

There’s a few of us who have picked up the starter boxes for MMUG now so I thought I’d share some pictures of my models and terrain so far.

image_17.jpeg

Cyclops and Colossus are done, Rogue to base coated, Wolverine primed. My son has the Avengers set he’s going to be painting, and I’m likely to be picking up GotG as well.

The game can be played on any terrain layout, but it does give me the opportunity to use my modern city terrain I scratch built last year. The terrain was originally intended for use Batman Miniatures Game, hence the slightly Gotham City-esque feel to some parts (like the billboards).

13119094_995224893848543_8513079156863474446_n.jpg

13087779_995224880515211_8218433449110094412_n.jpg

Anonymous

After playing a game last night I’m definitely going to pick up at least one of the starter sets. Probably Guardians of the Galaxy, but I did enjoy playing with Thor and his hammer last night! Plus I’m just waiting for Hulk…

I have a boards-worth of Sarissa City Block terrain that I now have a reason to paint up. Yet another thing to push back all the other things that have already been pushed back on my hobby queue. I can recommend the TTCombat buildings as a cost-effective terrain solution for those not quite so willing to put in the effort Chris obviously has! They have many that are specifically aimed at Batman and look good in the Marvel Universe also.

I loved the throw mechanic, though we didn’t actually use it to throw things about last night. Didn’t stop Thor from hammering Rogue through a wall though. Very satisfying… A visit to poundland for some suitable toy cars would be a good idea I think.

Anonymous

That terrain looks really good Chris. If I hadnt just started playing Guild Ball then this is definitely one I would have been interested in and may well still take a look at a little later

Anonymous
            MonkeyDispenser wrote:
            I have a boards-worth of Sarissa City Block terrain that I now have a reason to paint up. Yet another thing to push back all the other things that have already been pushed back on my hobby queue. I can recommend the TTCombat buildings as a cost-effective terrain solution for those not quite so willing to put in the effort Chris obviously has! They have many that are specifically aimed at Batman and look good in the Marvel Universe also.

I loved the throw mechanic, though we didn’t actually use it to throw things about last night. Didn’t stop Thor from hammering Rogue through a wall though. Very satisfying… A visit to poundland for some suitable toy cars would be a good idea I think.

Yeah the city build was an enjoyable project, but it was a big chunk of work to do. I’m adding to the terrain set as when I get inspiration (I want to add a park to it in one corner).

I never found any decent cars in poundland, they were either crappy or the wrong scale. I found Wilko to be better, though a bit more money.

Anonymous
              Enginseer wrote:
              I never found any decent cars in poundland, they were either crappy or the wrong scale. I found Wilko to be better, though a bit more money.

Is it about 1/48 scale?

Anonymous

About that. I tend to just do it by eye though.

Anonymous

And Rogue done.

image_18.jpeg

Anonymous

image_6.jpeg

Wolverine finished.

Anonymous

And the whole team so far completed:

image_7.jpeg

Fairly quick paint jobs but I think they will look pretty good once they’re on the table.

Anonymous

Nice paint job Chris. I think they look good.
                        I hadn’t heard about this game, but it looks like something I’d enjoy. Throwing people throw walls is something you don’t see in many games.

Anonymous
                          Grimlock wrote:
                          Throwing people throw walls is something you don’t see in many games.

And don’t forget throwing terrain about too. If Hulk turns out to be strength 8 (and why shouldn’t he be?!) then not even tower blocks will be safe from flying around the board.

Looking good Chris. I’m right on the edge of just plunging in with one of the starters. Could do with waiting until next month, but it’s becoming less and less likely I’ll have the patience.

Anonymous
                             Anonymous

Not even built my Guardians and they’ve brought out figures I want for the other factions!

Slightly sad there’s no Hulk yet

Anonymous

Finished another couple of models. I’m really enjoying painting the Marvel range:

image_21.jpeg

Anonymous

Big flarkin’ gun…

image_22.jpeg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2020 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account