25/06/2017 at 9:42 PM #22352
Some updates on the Star Wars Armada game.
First off there has been a new FAQ issued which sorts out a few rule queries but also an errata for a few of the more powerful cards in the game, toning them down slightly.
A quick summary of the changes.
- General Rieekan can only save one ship or unique squadron per turn.
- Demolisher can now fire one of its shots after the first move it makes so it can’t fire a shot after it uses engine techs.
- Major Rhymer and nearby squadrons can now only attack ships at close range.
- Turbolaser Reroute Circuits is now an exhaust card so can’t be used twice if you double arc an opponent.
- Flotillas have an extra rule added so that your commander cannot be placed on them.
The second piece of news is of course the imminent release of Wave 6. The Rebels get a double pack containing two Hammerheads.
The forces of galactic peace and order through strength get the Quasar light carrier.
Travelling Man are getting them in and the US release date is 6th July.
Finally it is Armada Store Championship season. Many stores are holding one-day 3 game tournaments. Alex J and I attended the Liverpool event last weekend. Here are a few of the local ones coming up.
Element Games, Stockport. 23 July http://elementgames.co.uk/event-tickets/SWA-storechamps-2017
Patriot Games, Sheffield. 29 July https://www.evensi.uk/star-wars-armada-store-championships-patriot-games/207166485
5 August, Wargames Emporium, Sheffield https://www.evensi.uk/star-wars-armada-store-championship-wargames-emporium/212086867
15 July, IQ Games, Huddersfield https://www.eventsoja.com/uk/huddersfield/e7585170
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.