New to 40K

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Wartnaby Dan Wartnaby 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy Sturgeon
    Andy Sturgeon
    Participant

Hi guys, hope this is the right place to post this.

I have recently got into the Warhammer 40k hobby and would like to start to attend the club – I popped in last week and it was suggested that I post on the forum. I am starting to pick up the basics having had a few lessons at GW and was hoping there might be someone out there that would be willing to show me the ropes and help me develop? I play Ultramarines (I know! I have already had the mick taken out of me for this choice but I liked the aesthetics.)

Thank you I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers

Andy

Profile photo of Dan Wartnaby
      Dan Wartnaby
      Participant

Hey Andy,

We met briefly last week. Some of us are sorting terrain tomorrow but i’ll try and find you a game.

We’re just about to start a campaign; a very casual, slow-grow campaign aimed at helping people slow grow and paint their armies. It’d be a great chance for you to get to know the game and the members of Garrison.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Best,

Dan.

Profile photo of Peter Large
        Peter Large
        Participant

Hello,
          As a fellow Ultramarine player I bid you welcome, 8th edition is fairly easy to learn, I tend to arrive late to the club but don’t mind helping out if you got questions 🙂

Profile photo of Andy Sturgeon
          Andy Sturgeon
          Participant

Hi guys, thanks very much for the replies. I am very interested in the ‘slow grow’ campaign this sounds fun – I have quite a few models painted already as this was my initial interest. I had another lesson today at GW and am sloooowly picking the basics up. I’m not sure I can make it down this evening but I am free next Wednesday the 30th (and subsequent Wednesday evenings) so could come down then if that sounds ok?

Look forward to meeting you all.

Regards

Andy

Dan Wartnaby
            Participant

Hey Andy, yeah come on down next week and i’ll get you a game sorted. You may as well join the campaign; it starts next week, starts at 1K points and has a good number of people taking part. Plus no one is playing Ultramarines.

Are you on Whatsapp? We have a group set up for the campaign as well as organising games. PM me your mobile number if you’d like to join.

Dan Wartnaby
              Participant
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.