Of Gods and Mortals mythological Greek army

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

My first units completed for Osprey’s “Of Gods and Mortals” mythological wargames rules. Two units of mortals, Greek Hoplites:

image_2.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

I’ve gone with the Greek army list in the book, but OGAM is very flexible in that you can make your own lists for any god you want. Chance are you have models for OGAM already, since you could easily make rules for any of the Warhammer Gods (I was considering doing either Slaanesh or the Great Maw for example), or anything else. In the book are lists for Greeks, Egypt, Norse and Celts, and there’s rules online for Japanese gods and pre-Islamic Arabic.

The game is small warband size, max unit size as you can see is 8 models in a close ordered mortal formation. Mortals are the bulk of the list, but they are accompanied by Legends (e.g Perseus, Minotaurs, Chimera etc), and of course a God. I’m using Aphrodite as my God, mainly because I found a model I liked for her.

There is an official model line from North Star miniatures, but the beauty of a game like OGAM is that you can use any models you want. These hoplites are from Warlord Games which you can get using the club discount. I bought them sprues only and got 16 models for about £7.

You can buy transfer for the shields from Warlord as well, I freehanded all mine as a painting project which was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Next unit is a pack of wild dogs, also from Warlord.

Anonymous

Seeing as 300 is one of my most favourite ever films, ever…….. I’d be interested in seeing this game.

Anonymous

And completed the rest of my mortals units, archers and wild dogs (all models by warlord games):

image_5.jpeg

Anonymous

Some very cool free hand art on those shields mate!

Anonymous

Cheers :). The shields were the most enjoyable part of the project really, plus they are the only parts of the model you can actually see. I’ve not batch painted more than about 3 models for 5 years or so.

I done some work on my Goddess model, but photobucket is down at the moment so I will post a WIP picture when I can.

Anonymous

WIP of my Aphrodite model, just the base coat on here:

image_6.jpeg

She’s called Daramis the Healing Light by Andrea Miniatures. She’s 54mm scale so pretty big, but that’s what I want from a deity.

Anonymous

And because I can’t swap between tabs without losing my reply, here’s another WIP with the skin mostly done this time:

image_7.jpeg

Anonymous

And Aphrodite complete:

image_8.jpeg

On to my legends next: A Minotaur, Herakles and Perseus. Minotaur first since the other are still on order from Reaper.

Anonymous

Another legend done, needs no introduction:

image_10.jpeg

He has an ability called Labyrinth, where he can trap a unit near him so they can’t escape.

No the greatest paint job or model I’ve ever done, but it did only cost me £2.50. He a Reaper Bones reskit model so he’s a bit bendy and clean up was a pain, but he painted up OK.

Anonymous

I got one of those to be Taurox the brass bull in beastmen, but when it arrived it seemed too small compared to the doombulls so now it languishes in a drawer. Looks a good paint job to me!

Anonymous

My models done this past week, which I neglected to post here.

Firstly, another legend, Perseus from Reaper Miniatures:
                          image_11.jpeg

Second up, another Reaper model, this time Herakles:
                          image_12.jpeg

Anonymous

And here’s the warband all together:

image_14.jpeg

image_13.jpeg

image_15.jpeg

Anonymous

Another one to add to my OGaM force:

image_5.jpeg

He will be used as either Poseiden (as a God to lead the force) or Triton (as a legend).

Anonymous

Looks great. Which paint are you using for the pink tones in the flesh? I works well.

Anonymous

Nice :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2020 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account