Original Trilogy League

This topic contains 52 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Benjamin Collins 3 months ago.

• Author
     Benjamin Collins 
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m looking to set up an Original Trilogy league.  It would be run on Wednesday nights with all the usual rules for a tournament.

However, this will be an Original Trilogy League therefore you will be required to have 2 lists, one Imperial and one Rebel (no Scum in this one). These lists can not be changed during the league. You will play each other twice using both your lists. Ie. Player One uses Rebels against Player two (Imperial) in their first game, then in their second game Player One uses Imperial whilst Player Two uses Rebel.

Additional rules:
      – All ships have to be from the Orignal Trilogy.

Rebels can fly:
      – A-Wing
      – B-Wing
      – X-Wing
      – Y-Wing
      – YT1300

Imperials can fly:
      – Tie Fighter
      – Tie Advanced
      – Tie Bomber
      – Tie Intercepor
      – Lambda Shuttle
      – Firespray

– Only upgrades and crew from the Original Trilogy can be used. Ie. No Kylo Ren, Jyn or Hera.

– TLT is banned.

– Palp is banned.

Just post on this thread if you are interested or let me know next Wednesday and we can sort something out.

John Baldock 
      Participant

Count me in. 🙂

Baz 
        Participant

I’m in!

Lots of old meta to play again!

Tom C 
          Participant

I’m in!

John Baldock 
          Participant

Are there any restrictions on which pilots we can use for those ships?

Benjamin Collins 
            Participant

The only restriction is whether that ship was in the OT, if it was then you are good to go with the pilot. I.e. Fel in an Int is fine along with Tomax in his Bomber, however Rey flying a Falcon isn’t and neither is using the TFA title.

Benjamin Collins 
              Participant

Evening all, I forgot that I’m out on the 17th May so won’t be able to make it to the club. You are more than welcome to crack on with the league in my absence, just let me know the scores. However, if I find out someone is running an illicit card, then stand by!

Remember theme is everything!

John Baldock 
                Participant

Does rebelling against the rules count as a Rebel theme?

Lee Mayhew 
                  Keymaster

Am I correct in thinking that  “Mauler Mithel” of the wonderful Imperials would get 2 additional dice for a Range 1 shot?

One for being close and another for his own skill.

Finally read the rules last night, looking forward to Weds.

Will hopefully be acquiring a couple of those dirty Rebel ships on Saturday to get up to 100 points for those mischief makers.

Tom C 
                  Participant

That’s correct Lee. When played right he can be brutal!

Shout out if you need to borrow any upgrade cards from any of us.

Tom C 
                  Participant

Results from Wednesday:

John 100: Tom 35

John 64: James 39

Lee Mayhew 
                  Keymaster

Cheers.

Not knowing what else there is I’ll be using the cards I have in the two starters and the ones I get tomorrow from Beanie Games in Stockton-on-Tees.

I’ll trust my judgement and skill, and then blame the dice when it all goes pear shaped.

Lee Mayhew 
                  Keymaster

Got an extra Imperial and a dirty Rebel ship too.

I can get to 99 for each faction so I’m ready to rock, assuming i haven’t cheated with upgrades or anything else.

It’s going to be teeth gritting time when I have to play Rebels, a bit like using Tomb Kings in a Vampire Count army, just so wrong.

Benjamin Collins 
                  Participant

Hey, can I get which side played which please? Did you just use your Imp list for the two games John or did you mix it up? However, looks like John is romping away with it already!

I still can’t make it this week, but have almost sorted by 2 lists out, there is so much theme in them that it’ll blow you away! The flying might be a touch crap but never mind!

Good work on sorting out a couple of lists Lee, can be a bit of a pain with all the various upgrades floating around now-a-days.

John Baldock 
                    Participant

I played imperial both of those games vs rebel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 York Garrison

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account