Rogue Stars

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

Osprey are about to publish another set of rules which looks quite interesting. Quite different to Frostgrave rules, and it has a sci-fi setting, but a similar concept of producing your own warbands. I’d be very up for that, especially since I have a load of Infinity models already.

Anyway, details here:

​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1-8YCy-NXk

http://mustcontainminis.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/rogue-stars.html

I’ll post in the ‘other games’ section too since non-Frostgravians might be interested and I doubt they’d read anything posted in here!

Anonymous

I’m interested in taking a look at the book (though I generally prefer fantasy settings). It’s by the same guy who wrote Fistful of Kung Fu and Of God’s and Mortal (which is a good concept with annoying rules).

Anonymous

It looks interesting, and a little different. Uses D20s and you get to choose the number of actions to attempt with a model, failures meaning your opponent gets reactions or may even get to steal the initiative. It appears to get progressively harder to pull off actions the more that character has already done in the turn.

Maybe it’s a bit like an Infinity-light.

Warbands look very configurable, and I’m just hoping the combat mechanic is good (i.e. not Frostgrave)! It mentions pinning, which does have me a little concerned…

Anonymous

That activation mechanic sounds the same as the one in OGAM, and I personally find it pretty irritating, especially if you roll consistently as badly as I do.

Anonymous

:-) You should just try and do less things at once then!

Anonymous
                Enginseer wrote:
                I’m interested in taking a look at the book (though I generally prefer fantasy settings). It’s by the same guy who wrote Fistful of Kung Fu and Of God’s and Mortal (which is a good concept with annoying rules).

Actually Chris, speaking of gods and mortals are you aware of this current kickstarter?

Anonymous

Yeah, I’ve seen it. Looks nice, but I’m saving my pennies for Blood Bowl.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 York Garrison

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account