Saga campaign

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nicholas Carpenter 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Carl Newbould 
    Keymaster

Hello all,

So the saga campaign start date will be 4th April.

Each month people can log 2 games as their official campaign games. These games will start at 4pts in April, May we will use 5pts and June (the final month)will be 6, if there is enough interest we may possibly end with a weekend event.

We will be using the map of Britain as the campaign map. Each player will be given counters to represent their army’s influence on the map.

Every army will start with one counter on a location (province) that best suits their historical claim over Britain, of course some armies may end up in illogical places. The province you start in counts as your home territory which is important for determining the victor of the campaign.

How to control provinces:
    Win a game: you may place 3 counters on any one region of the map.
    Draw a game: both players may place 2 tokens on the map, they have to agree on the same province, if they cannot agree the province is randomised.
    Loose a game: you may place one counter on the map but it has to be in the same province as the player who defeated you or your home province.

The player who has the most tokens in a province counts as having undisputed control of it.

If two players have equal amount of tokens on the same province it counts as disputed control.

Critical locations:
    Londinium
    Caledonia
    Caerleon
    Eboracum

Rules from May-5pt warbands, Mercenaries may be taken in your army.

If you have undisputed control of any critical location (barring eboracum) your army may take an item from the back of the Viking age book.

Home ground: if you have undisputed OR disputed control over eboracum you are automatically the 1st player.

Stretched too thin: in your game if you have undisputed control over more provinces than your opponent you get – 1 saga dice for your first turn (this means that if you are the 1st player you will only generate 2 saga dice)

June rules-6pt warbands
    You may take named heroes to lead your warband.

Winning the campaign
    At the end of the campaign each province you have undisputed control over will score you 5 points, disputed control will earn you 3 points, if you have at least one counter in a province which is controlled by another player you have a minor foothold and score 1 point

The player with the most points wins the crown!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Carl Newbould.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Carl Newbould. Reason: I've deleted the rule for scoring 0 points of you lose your home province to prevent anyone feeling victimised!
     Inquisitor Holloway 
    Participant

I’m in.  Vikings for me.

Nicholas Carpenter 
      Participant

Definitely interested in taking part with my Welsh warband.

Alan 
        Participant

I’m hopefully in but my rules and models haven’t been dispatched yet. Anglo Danes when they arrive.

Carl Newbould 
          Keymaster

Starting places

Chris⁩ eboracum
          Seb⁩ Caledonia
          ⁨Mark⁩ din eidyn
          Alan⁩ deva
          ⁨Johnny⁩ aquae sulis
          Carl londinium
          Nicholas Caerleon

I will bring the map to the club on the 4th for people to look at and maybe some can play their 1st campaign game!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Carl Newbould.
           James Carpenter 
          Participant

Hey Carl

Any space for some Norse Gaels hanging out in the Isle of Man (or somewhere 🙂 )?

Carl Newbould 
            Keymaster

James,

Yes you can join, you can control the final free province, which is Ratae.

Carl

James Carpenter 
            Participant

All good then, although why the Norse Gael would invade Leicester is a bit of a conundrum 🙂

Nicholas Carpenter 
              Participant

It’s quite simple. Clearly these mean were attempting to invade North Wales, but the Wicked Welsh, being a deceitful and dishonourable people, have switched all the road signs around, and so they have become quite lost.

Nicholas Carpenter 
                Participant

So, what’s the faction line-up looking like?

I count, confirmed-

1*Welsh

1*Anglo-Danes

1*Viking

1* Somewhat lost Norse-Gaels

That leaves 4 unknowns, 2 if I guess that Seb would be a second lot of Vikings and Carl would be the Romans from Aetius & Arthur, but I’m not confident of those guesses.

Also just checking, but it seems that a game can be logged as an official campaign game by one player but not the other?

For example if I win against players A and B but then lose to player C, I can log the 2 wins as my official games and player C can still score our game as a win even though I’m not counting it?

Carl Newbould 
                  Keymaster

Johnny is Normans

Seb, Chris and Mark are all vikings

I’m Romans

If you play more than 2 saga campaign games in the month then your first 2 games count only. Your third game will not count as a score (but can for your opponent if its their 1st or 2nd campaign game of the month). This means people are not penalised for not being able to play every week or want to play other games as well as saga.

Carl Newbould 
                  Keymaster

Due to garrison being closed on the 4th, I will bring the map in on the 11th, to kick off the campaign.

Who wants to take on my Romans !?

Nicholas Carpenter 
                  Participant

Happy to play your Romans on the 11th Carl.

So-

1*Welsh

1*Norman

1*Norse Gael

1*Roman

1*Anglo-Dane

3*Viking

Carl Newbould 
                    Keymaster

Excellent. I will see you next week then, hopefully the club will be back on

Carl Newbould 
                    Keymaster

OK folks. With the hall being closed again this Wed I will postpone the campaign to start in May. I know some people wanted a bit more time to get to grips with the rules anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2018 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account