Shadow War: Armageddon – Campaign?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Graham Dixon 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
     Graham Dixon 
    Participant

I haven’t exactly given this much thought yet but would anyone be interested in possibly taking part in a campaign using the new Shadow War: Armageddon rules at some point soon? For those who dont know much about this one its basically the Necromunda rules but using standard 40k models, so pretty simple to play and hopefully lots of you are like me and have 40k models in the cupboard that need letting out for a bit of game time.

Cheers

Gray

Peter Large 
      Participant

I wouldn’t mind having a go.
        I was converting a Escher gang for necromunda when rumours were doing the rounds, however my schelude makes campaign play a bit harder.
        Do need to track down a rulebook for it.

Dan Wartnaby 
        Keymaster

Sounds good to me, and something I was pondering too. A handful of us are waiting to pre-order the extended rulebook next week.

Graham Dixon 
          Participant

Good to hear there are a few people interested, hopefully the rulebook wont be too long

Inquisitor Holloway 
            Participant

I’m in once the rulebook only with =I= forces in is out next week.

Graham Dixon 
              Participant

I know Neil B (and Im guessing probably Isaac as well) is also interested in this and so is John Swiers so it looks like we have a few candidates already. I’ll look to see if we can get something up and running once the rule book is more readily available

andy brooks 
                Participant

I’ll go for it too..

Scott Waites 

If you guys want Travelling Man have an event kit for this including a copy of the rulebook and some prizes! If your interested let me know I can get it to you guys!

Graham Dixon 
                    Participant

Thanks Scott, massively appreciated. As discussed I will collect it tomorrow at some point 🙂

Graham Dixon 
                      Participant

Im playing my first game/s of Shadow War on Wednesday night with Jason and will definitely be looking to get a campaign up and running in the next few weeks

Peter Large 
                        Participant

I have preordered a rulebook arriving between 5/8 may, waiting for it to arrive before I finish my conversions.
                          Have built and painted some armoured containers through so got some set pieces

Graham Dixon 
                          Participant

Great stuff Peter. I’ll have one full table of terrain available and we should have enough 40k stuff at the club to cobble together some others, Im currently working on several new items to add to this https://www.redbeamdesigns.com/shop/scenery-by-scale/28mm/complex-red-main-set/

Inquisitor Holloway 
                            Participant

Just wanted to check as I’m building my force now.  How strict are we being on WYSIWYG?  E.g. If I build a model with an autogun and then later I upgrade him to a bolter, I won’t have to change models will I?

Graham Dixon 
                              Participant

Personally I dont have any issues with anything like that Chris, Id like to see this played as a fun and casual campaign rather than something massively competitive

Peter Large 
                                Participant

I also don’t mind, I intend to paint numbers on the base so we can refer to them easily.
                                  Also there is rules for multiplayer games now link via bell of lost souls

40K: Shadow War Multiplayer Mayhem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2020 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account