Snakes on a plane, Wookies in a Gunship

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom C 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Lee Mayhew 
    Keymaster

3 Way game between Tom, Jonny and Lee

Imagine a bunch of Wookies jumping around with glee.

That’s what they were doing when they took out Tom’s Shadowcaster with a barrage of close range and extra shots. Shadowcaster had been bashed about a bit but got to love those hairy things.

Serves it right after going after my A-wing, shooting it, tractoring it and generally picking on my poor little guy.

Wookies also found Mauler Mithel bang in front and facing away. 5 focussed shots mauled Mauler and his body was scattered to the outer reaches of the galaxy.

Unfortunately, with the turning circle of an oil tanker and no K-turn, once a Tie fighter was on its tail the end was inevitable despite reinforcing frequently.

I quite like the Gunship with its 180 degree firing arc and reinforce but needs a little help once it starts to need to turn and fight.

100pt Jonny (Rebel) vs Lee (the noble Empire)

2 A-wings with Rebel Aces pilots and a B-Wing with some fancy pilot.

Lambda Shuttle HLC, Fel’s Wrath on Interceptor, Night Curse and Black Squadron No.16.

Turn 2 or 3 saw the Lambda shuttle get every shield torn away by proton torpedoes.

One A-wing was down to 1 hull (Tyco I think) and then lasted the whole game as he very cowardly avoided the fight by boosting and rolling constantly

A period of attacking ineptitude ensued but by around turn 6 or 7 the Empire had lost No.16 who fought bravely to the end but he is finding his new responsibilites difficult to cope with and may need to curb his enthusiasm a little.

Lambda got out of the fight and spent numerous turns sloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwly getting back to the fray and then got taken out by an A-Wing(on one hull!) that skirted over an asteroid, damn, and positioned itself perfectly to shoot the Lambda which had stopped dead in an attempt to get the A-Wing in its sights for the HLC.

Fel flew around a lot and then had the ship blasted from underneath him as the B-wing unleashed the last of its proton torps. Fel’s death throes proved ineffective but the Lambda blew away the B-Wing in revenge before its plodding journey to death by the A-Wing.

Every ship was either dead or on one hull by the end of the game, quite splendid!

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lee Mayhew.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lee Mayhew.
     Tom C 
    Participant

Long live no16!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get In Touch

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

© 2018 York Garrison - Privacy Policy

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account