Updates to the website

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Wagner 1 year ago.

• Author
     Anonymous

Hello all,

Over the New Year weekend we are planning on making a large number of changes to the club website. We will try to keep the downtime to a minimum but some may be inevitable. We are working at migrating posts over, but any posted over the weekend may not copy, a full backup is being taken just in case.

The new website isn’t planned to be the “final” version, we still have more work to do, and want your feedback, but we wanted to get things improved so you can live with a better version while we work on further changes.

Thanks

Ben

Ben Wagner 
      Keymaster

The site has now been upgraded! If you have any issues using it please let us know on info@yorkgarrison.co.uk

Thanks

Ben

Gareth 
      Participant

The new site is fantastic, great job.

Inquisitor Holloway 
        Participant

Any chance of getting recent topics list with dates of the last post?

Baz 
          Participant

Seconded

Ben Wagner 
            Keymaster

Thanks guys, I’d put a basic recent posts block on the right, but I’ll look to see if this can be improves with the dates.

Thanks

Ben

Terry 
            Participant

I don’t think recent posts are working 100%.  On 1st of Jan I posted in other games Blood Bowl and never made a change.  Just did a test post and still the same

Terry 
              Participant

when I say the same – the right hand list of Recent Topics does not change, but the Games & Hobby Discussions

list does but you don’t know what topic.

On another note how do I upload files?

Ben Wagner 
                Keymaster

Hi Terry,

As mentioned will be looking at recent topics for other options.

We haven’t enabled the function of file upload on this site, as the last site got swamped under a huge number of files. I’d advise using one of the free file hosting services like Google Drive, Dropbox or OneCloud and link to the file

Thanks

Ben

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 York Garrison

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account