Warhammer Campaign 2017

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chris Tray 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Chris Tray 
    Participant

Hi everyone… (hi Dr Nick)

So as most people who will see this post already know, I’m planning on running a mini campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Battles. This will be based around 6 scenario based games done on Wednesday nights before culminating in a (hopefully) huge game on the September Saturday (I believe that is the 16th).

The size of the battles will increase through the campaign starting at a skirmish level 500 point game, building up to the 2400 point per person game on the Saturday.

There will be a narrative of sorts to drive the campaign but the campaign will similarly drive the narrative. People joining will need to create a backstory for their Aspiring Hero and his/her body guard, plus, if they want to expand, any other units of characters that will come in and out of their lists.

The idea is to have 1 game every 2 weeks in the build up, this gives people chances to play other games, test lists (if they can find someone to play out the scenario with them) and adds a bit of wiggle room for people that can’t make it every week. In addition to this I will be asking people so send some form of cliff notes for each of their battles, the more detailed the better but as long as the major points are there. I’ll take these notes and will write up the story of the campaign as it unfolds. Grudges formed, heroic last stands, shameful cowardliness and utter lunacy. The Warhammer world is a strange and dangerous place after all. Of course, if anyone wants to write up the result of their own battles in this form and pass them on to me that works great too.

I’ve added the google doc of the campaign below. This is still subject to change and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions then feel free to send me a message or talk to me on a Wednesday.

Thanks for reading and I hope to have as many of you join the campaign as possible.

Chris Tray

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jVbV60wnpy1yHyidCO51useTjyzq0roPLgczowjgEZk/edit?usp=sharing

Chris Tray 
      Participant

Participant

Hello again everyone.

To give an idea of the back stories I’d like participants to give their General and Body Guard unit I’ve created one for my Dwarfs who I’ll be using. I don’t expect everyone to add as much detail to their back story but obviously the more the better and a larger back story will give me more to go on when I write up the story of the campaign as it unfolds.

Chris Tray

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ktSKbk62AA1_eBYh1TYzijcbWvbEXX4EQrQSEw5KbYY/edit?usp=sharing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 York Garrison

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account